Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Why You Should Also Have This Sephora Makeup Haul


“Once in a while, invest in something that will make you happy, confident and beautiful”


Sephora Makeup Haul
Don't you just love them all! 

This quote holds true especially for all the ladies out there who are in quest and currently exploring the wonders of makeup-slash-cosmetics like me.

Last December, I received my Sephora Beauty Loot (no, there’s no Sephora yet here in the Philippines and how I badly wish there is), from my friend in Singapore. I’ve been so into makeup products lately and in a way astonished as to how it can transform a person. I’ve already shared my recent makeup investments and reviews such as the MAC Cosmo Lipstick and Revlon Eyelinerand Eyebrow Kit and now continuously moving up a higher notch with my Sephora Makeup Haul.

Let’s dig-in one by one into these beauty products and know the reasons why they should be part of your beauty arsenal.  


 The POREfessional by Benefit Cosmetic

Porefessional
Benefit's POREfessional

From the name itself, The POREfessional by Benefit Cosmetics is actually a PRO balm that quickly (keyword here is “quickly”) minimizes the appearance of your pores and even fine lines for smoother-than-smooth skin!

If you don’t have a perfect, porcelain-like skin (like me), and have open pores as well, you’ll find this product a real perfect solution.

What I love:
Aside from quickly minimizing the appearance of your pores, what I simply love about this product is the idea that you can either apply this under makeup or even over makeup. I’m really used to a routine of applying liquid foundation / BB Cream first and then powder, thus there is a tendency that I might forgot to apply this. Good thing it can be applied even over makeup.

What else you need to know:
This translucent, silky, lightweight balm is made of oil-free formula that complements all skin tones (I must admit I have an oily skin tone, so this again is a plus point) and helps makeup stay put. It also contains a Vitamin E derivative, known to protect skin from free radicals.

How much it cost:
For the 22ML (the smallest that they are selling) it costs around 48 SGD or about Php 1,500 – 1,600. I’m not really sure how much it cost here in the Philippines but will definitely give it a look at Benefit Beauty’s store.

The Sephora Smoothing Primer
Sephora Smoothing Primer

Primer is like a golden treasure to me. It’s actually one of the most valuable makeup products that I ever learned.  For one thing, I do always complain about how my make up doesn't last that long, and envy those whose makeup lasts all day (even night) long. Then I discovered the secret behind it -- MAKE UP PRIMER.

A makeup primer perfects the appearance of your skin and prolongs the wear of your foundation.

Why Sephora Brand and What I love
Sephora makeup primer had been recommended to me by my makeup artist friend Ten Franco. When I also checked online for reviews and feedback, it consistently got positive reviews and high ratings, thus no doubt, it is a must buy. 

I love the fact that aside from prolonging the wear of foundation, this primer also softens your skin (it really has a smoothing feeling when applied) and it easily dries upon application. And although it smoothens your skin like a moisturizer, it’s non-sticky!  

What else you need to know:
The Sephora primer can also be used on the eyes to smoothen and enhance the wear of your eye shadow. Also important thing to know is that this product is dermatologically tested, non-comedogenic (doesn't block your pores), and comes in an airless pump bottle for freshness.

How much it cost:
It costs around 20 SGD, so in PH Peso it’s around Php 600-700. Admittedly, price is not bad when you try to compare it with other branded primers BUT (yes it’s a big but), here’s a clincher -- this primer is not yet available in PH. :( So if you have friends in US, Singapore or any countries which has a Sephora store, ask them to get one for you. :)

The NYX Butter Lip Gloss
NYX Butter Lip Gloss

Admittedly, if not for my friend in Singapore (who gave it to me), I wouldn't actually purchase this. But then after using it, I was extremely happy that she did give it.

The NYX Butter Gloss is not your ordinary lip gloss. From the product name itself, it is but a buttery soft and silky smooth with a sweet scent lip gloss. Wearing it feels like applying a real butter in your lips, but more of the sweeter one. It provides that sheer to medium coverage on your lips.

What I love:
It actually tastes like a butter candy (actually it feels like I’m eating a candy when I apply it) and I have to agree how NYX described their product “Our scrumptious new Butter Lip Gloss tastes as sweet as a sugar cookie—and makes your lips look downright luscious.”

It has that stickiness like a sweet butter candy, but surprisingly not irritating. I just really love the feeling wearing it. I also adore the idea that it can be worn either alone or over any of my fave lipstick.

Two best words would describe this lip gloss: delicious and gorgeous

What else you need to know:
It provides nourishment with a flush of color on your lips giving you the perfect pout. And it really does make your lips appear more voluptuous.

The Urban Decay Naked Palette (First Version)
Urban Decay Naked Palette
Bet every gal out there (just like me) have been raving to have any of the Urban Decay Naked Palette. Aside from very good reviews, this eye shadow palette is also mostly used by makeup artists.  I was supposed to get the Naked 3; sadly, it was out of stock when my friend visited Sephora. I ended-up and opted to choose the Original Naked Palette because I had a chance to wear it during special events (through Ten Franco).

What I love:
What I love about the Naked Palette is its diversity. It has TWELVE gorgeous neutrals that you can use to be able to wear anything you want to: from office or even school appropriate neutrals, summertime bronze-y to that sultry smokiness look.

Oh and did I just mention that I also love their chocolaty velvet case emblazoned with the word “NAKED” in gold foil lettering.

I actually plan to experiment and play on different looks and hopefully share it with you. :) 

What else you need to know:
With the Naked Palette you can choose from a range of textures: everything from glitter to shimmer to matte.

Shade Descriptions:
1.    Virgin - cool pale beige shimmer
2.    Sin - champagne shimmer
3.    Naked - nude matte
4.    Sidecar - beige shimmer w/silver micro-glitter
5.    Buck - fawn brown matte
6.    Half Baked - golden bronze shimmer
7.    Smog - deep coppery bronze shimmer
8.    Darkhorse - deep mocha shimmer
9.    Toasted - antique copper penny shimmer
10. Hustle - plum-brown satin
11. Creep - onyx shimmer w/gold sparkle
12. Gunmetal - dark metallic gray shimmer w/silver micro-glitter

How much it cost: 
I got this palette for only 83 SGD. So that’s roughly around Php 2,600-2,700. I’m quite happy with it because based on my checking, it costs around Php 3,500 – 4,000 here in PH. So big savings for me there! :)


Hope I was in a way able to convince you why these beauty products are worth-it! And hope you'll find this article helpful as well. :) 

Let  me know your thoughts! Cheers! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I love the quote on your post “Once in a while, invest in something that will make you happy, confident and beautiful” :)
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete