Saturday, December 7, 2013

MAC Amplified Creme Cosmo Lipstick -- A First Safe Try.

Believe it or not, I rarely wear lipstick. I usually go for a lip balm or a lip gloss for everyday use.

But then, since I wanted to take my beauty-slash-makeup know-how up a higher notch, which actually started when a fairy makeup artist, in the name of Ten Franco wave her magic wand, sprinkle her fairy dust and eventually transformed me to a different person (as what they say), I decided to start off wandering on a beauty product that can easily transform a person by wearing nothing but that. Apparently, it is no other than a lipstick.   

Yes, a lipstick is considered a staple for every lady’s makeup arsenal, yet used to be not for me.

Since it’s going to be my first try, I have thought and researched carefully on what brand and what shade. It has to be a good brand, and a safe shade -- good enough for my 12-hour work, safe enough to maintain both a corporate and casual chic look.    

And I so ended up with MAC Amplified Creme Cosmo Lipstick.

MAC Lipstick

For those who are not yet familiar with what an amplified creme lipstick is, it's actually a kind of lipstick that’s creamy, pigmented and glossy.

MAC Amplified Creme Cosmo

The Verdict

I love it. 

At first, the shade was more of pinkish-peach but eventually looked more neutral as time passes by.  It was fairly long-wearing, stayed about 5-6 hours. It was perfect for my usually dry-type lips.

How it looks on me

With this kind of choice and move, I must say that "You can never go wrong with something safe for a first try". 


No comments:

Post a Comment