Monday, December 30, 2013

Make-Up Quest: Revlon Brow Fantasy and Color Stay Liquid Liner

On my previous post, I shared my experience with MAC Amplified Crème CosmoLipstick. This time around, my quest on the world of beauty and cosmetics continues with new products particularly focusing on the eyes. Again, I’m still into basics, so I decided to get two basic eye beauty products -- an eye liner and an eyebrow kit.

I didn't do any research this time and just went into a beauty/cosmetics department of a mall. And look at what I ended up with:

Revlon Brow Fantasy and Revlon Stay Liquid Liner


I spent almost 1,000 bucks for these two products which seems to be reasonably priced already and here’s why:

The Revlon Brow Fantasy

The Revlon Brow Fantasy is an eyebrow pencil and eyebrow gel in 1 (one). I find it perfectly great as an eyebrow grooming kit because I don’t have to buy separately the eyebrow pencil and the eyebrow gel. Based on my checking, an eyebrow gel usually costs 500 bucks and above and same goes for the eyebrow pencil. But this Revlon Brow Fantasy costs only Php 595!


The sales lady recommended me to get the “Brunette” shade for reasons that this looks lighter which is recommended for younger ladies and would match my fair skin. Furthermore, according to her, the darker shade would make me look older, and that said I took the Brunette shade.

Based on the beauty tip that I got from my make-up artist friend, an eyebrow pencil and an eyebrow gel “should always be” part of your eyebrow grooming kits. You need the pencil to define your eyebrow and the gel to set it and make it look more natural.

Overall, I fell in love with Revlon Brow Fantasy. It's really a good find for beginners like me. 

The Revlon Color Stay

The Revlon Color Stay is a liquid eye liner that of course works to re-define the eyes and help put a little drama on it. I am supposed to buy a gel eye liner, but ended up with this because its elegant looking package caught my attention.


The product was pretty impressive because it dries quickly and I must say long-lasting as well. But then, must be because I was in a hurry that day I bought it that I fail to check if it’s waterproof and smudge-proof. Sadly, upon usage, I realized that it isn't either waterproof or smudge-proof. Nonetheless, I can still use this product of course on “normal” days and not-so special gatherings. 

I’ll probably check on and get a gel eye liner -- both smudge and water proof from next time.  

Visual Result: 

I decided to take a photo of myself wearing the Revlon Brow Fantasy and Color Stay. 

And the result: 

Let me know what you think!.

Revlon, just like MAC is a "safe" brand. I am happy with the quality of the products that I bought from them. But just one thing that I learned and sealed: 

"Check on the details of the products that you buy". 

No comments:

Post a Comment