Friday, December 20, 2013

The Fault In Our Stars Movie, Out with Official Poster and Controversial Tagline

Seeing this movie poster, well the official movie poster of one of my favorite books made my day.

The Controversial Tagline "One Sick Love Story"
Yes, I am an avid fan of John Green, and his creations, and what I love the most in his genius creations is “The Fault in Our Stars”.



For the longest time, I have been imagining how the protagonists Hazel Grace Lancaster and  August Waters would look like.

I was actually happy when I saw Augustus Waters being  personified over the internet,  sometime March-April of this year.
 
Oh Augustus Waters!

Back then, I think it was a perfect illustration of him.

And then, this movie poster came out, now both Hazel Grace and Gus coming into real life.  

This poster wasn’t what I was expecting. It actually exceeded my expectations, well, my imagination.

And although such had raised eyebrows from critics because of the tagline “One Sick Love Story”, from my own standpoint, from a reader’s standpoint actually, I must say it’s perfectly fine.

For one thing, both of them are “sick”, battling cancer, trying to live life like any other normal individual -- getting hurt, meeting friends, and most of all, falling in love.

It’s a love story, that will also make you “sick”, realizing that love knows no condition, realizing that you can you love even though you know your lifetime is about to near end.


The  movie  is really something watch out for. But then, for those who haven’t read yet the book, I highly recommend you first to do so because it’s simply worth it.

It’s a book that will you make you realize what’s the fault in our stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment