Monday, March 10, 2014

FOTD : Wicked Broadway Musical in Manila

Hi there! I know I have in a way promised to post FOTD as part of my makeup quest, but then, due to hectic sched (or at least a valid reason), its taking me forever to post one. Glad that last Saturday, because my boyfriend and I were scheduled to watch the Wicked Broadway Musical in Manila, I got a valid reason to doll up a little and finally got a chance to play on my beauty arsenal.

And so without further ado, presenting the culprits behind my “Wicked” look:


  • Face Primer: Sephora Smoothing Primer
  • Foundation: MAC Studio Fix Fluid- SPF 15 (Shade: NC30)
  • Powder Foundation: MAC Studio Fix (Shade: NC30)
  • Concealer: Maybelline Liquid Concealer
  • Blush: MAC Blush Coral Peach
  • Eye Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion
  • Eye Shadow: Urban Decay Naked Palette
  • Lipstick: MAC Cosmo  (Amplified Crème)
  • Eyeliner: Revlon Liquid Eyeliner
  • Brush: SIGMA Make Me Classy Brushes

On my previous posts, I was already able to tackle Sephora Smoothing Primer, MAC Cosmo Lipstick, and Revlon Liquid Eyeliner, so for this FOTD, I will cover the following beauty products: 

FOUNDATION

When it comes to foundations, I trust MAC. Aside from the fact that MAC is proven and tested by professional makeup artists, I know that my skin complements well with it.

There are different types of MAC foundation, but for this FOTD, I opted to wear the MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 (with a shade of NC30) and here are the major reasons why:

It’s Perfect For My Oily Skin

As you may have read on my previous posts, I have an oily skin therefore I’m always on the look for beauty products that are perfect for my skin type. Glad that with MAC foundation, I “found the one”. (Ok, I’m becoming cheesy, I know).

MAC Studio Fix Fluid is a modern liquid foundation perfect most especially for those who have oily skin as it provides natural, matte finish.  I really love using this foundation especially during a sweltering situation such as being exposed to camera lights or even direct sunlight. Comparing with other foundations where it will likely to melt off immediately, this foundation won’t.

It’s Long-Wearing

A primer is definitely needed to make your makeup lasts long. But then, it is also important that your foundation can manage to also do so. Aside from good coverage, MAC’s Studio is also long wearing, which I’m sure we all need, not just as a requirement for our 8-hour wok, but also for after-office parties and other events. Who would want a makeup that won’t last even for a day?

I Just Love the Results on My Face

Yes, I just love how it MAC Studio Fix foundation gives my skin a smoother, more flawless look and finish. It also helps minimizes the appearance of my pores and of course other imperfections.



How To Apply: 

You may apply this foundation in several ways. 
  • Through your fingers
  • Through sponge
  • Through makeup brush
I suggest, for best results, use makeup brushes, the good ones. For this FOTD, I used my Make Me Classy Sigma Foundation Brush (Will post a review for SIGMA Brushes very soon).

POWDER FOUNDATION

I partnered the liquid foundation with its powder version just so to make sure it will set perfectly --MAC Studio Fix Foundation powder with same shade (NC30).



Again, for best results, use makeup brushes. 
   
EYESHADOW

For any activity or event, you definitely can’t go wrong with Urban Decay’s NAKED Palette (see my review here).  For this FOTD, I did the following:
  1. First and foremost I had put on the Urban Decay Primer Potion
  2. Using the eyeshadow brush, I applied Virgin shade under brow bone (to serve as highlight) and on the inner corner of the eye.
  3. Applied Creep on the base of the lid until the lash line.
  4. Using Tapered Blending Brush, I applied the Naked shade for blending. (Make sure that you still get to see the highlight).
  5. Using the eyeshadow brush, I applied Smog on the center of my lid and blend it using tapered blending brush. (Make sure not to over blend so that the Smog would still be visible enough).
  6. I tried to redefine my eyes further by applying Gunmetal on the outer corner of my eye and even on the lower lashline. After that, I did the blending.

After the eyeshadow application, I applied the Revlon Liquid Eyeliner on the upper lash line.

In case you are not yet that familiar with the terminologies above (which part of the eye is which), below is an eye makeup diagram to help you out.


I must have been too excited for Wicked that unfortunately I wasn’t able to take an up-close shot for this. Will do from next time.  

FOTD (Face of The Day):

And this is how I look with all those makeup on. 

Note that this shot is after watching the Wicked: 


A "Wicked-fied" look.

Let me know what you guys think about this look! Will definitely work on for more up-close eyeshadow shots from next time. :) 

1 comment:

  1. Urban Decay Naked – it’s in every girl’s wishlist! XD
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete